Free VPN in Windows 10
Windows 10 facilitates it’s users to use vpn service either free or paid. A free VPN is useful for normal uses only but for business uses a paid one is better. VPN Stands for Virtual Private Network. A VPN is very useful for many security reasons. The common use of VPN is to create a secure connection from PC to server.
Windows built-in tool is also one of the best tool available. There are various steps to set-up a VPN using the Windows built-in tool. So, let’s begin:
- Go to Start Menu.
- Click on Settings.
- Head over to Network & Internet.
- Then click on VPN, from left hand side.
- You’ll see the following options.
- Now Click on Add a VPN Connection.
- Then the crucial part comes
- First of all, go to www.vpnbook.com/freevpns. The head over to Free PPTP VPN. We’ve a bunch of options that can be used. On the bottom, you’ll see us1.vpnbook.com, ca222.vpnbook.com, fr1.vpnbook.com, Username and Password. We’ll need that in upcoming steps.
- Now let’s fill up the details.
VPN Provider: Windows (built-in)
Connection Name: “Fill up with desired name”
Server name or address: Us1.vpnbook.com (for US VPN), ca222.vpnbook.com (for canada VPN) and fr1.vpnbook.com (for france VPN)
VPN Type: Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)
Type of sign-in info: User name and Password
Leave other fields blank.
- Finally click on Save Button.
- Now you can see the VPN you created just below the add a VPN connection. Click on it.
- Then click on Connect.
- A username and password box will appear.
- Now fill in the box with username and password from www.vpnbook.com/freevpns.
- Click on OK.
- This may take some time to connect.
If you want more security and features, there is an Advanced option available. From there you can setup Public or Private VPN, Edit connection properties, Clear sign-in info and change the VPN Proxy settings.
Thank You for visiting us.
Visit again for daily updates and more tech related information.