Erase and Factory Reset your Mac
With lots of Mac being released by Apple, you may be thinking about how to Erase and Factory Reset your Mac and upgrading to the latest one.
It is obvious while exchanging or selling your data for security. It will be beneficial for you and new owner as well. So, without any delay, let’s begin:
Let’s backup your Mac before erasing or performing factory reset on your Mac. And the best way is to use the native Time Machine app by Apple. Follow these steps to back-up your data:
- Connect External Drive to your Mac with required free space inside it. (If you’re not sure about it, right click on your drive and click get info.)
- Open Time Machine.
- Then Select Backup Disk.
- Choose your external drive for storing backup, and click use disk.
- Once backup is complete, Eject your drive from Mac.
After Backup, let’s logout of every apps and license or certificates.
- Go to System Preferences
- Select iCloud.
- Scroll down to disable Find My Mac.
- After that, click signout and check all the boxes that shows up.
- And click continue.
- Then, Open iTunes.
- Click on the Accounts Tab.
- Hover to Authorizations and select deauthorize this computer.
- Finally, Open up iMessage.
- Go to Preferences.
- Click Signout.
- Find any third-party apps and logout from those too.
After all this, we can finally wipe and Erase and Factory Reset your Mac.
- Restart your Mac while pressing both CMD And R keys.
- Press both until Mac Utility shows up.
- Now, select Disk Utility.
- Select your main Hard-Drive. (Normally it is named as Macintosh HD)
- Click Erase. [Make sure the format is Mac OS extended (Journaled)]
- Finally, click Erase.
- Close Disk Utility and open Reinstall Mac OS.
- After the completion of re-installation, you’ll find setup assistant.
- Complete the procedures.
Finally, your data are wiped out of your Mac. If you’re planning to re-use your Mac, quickly restore your data. Otherwise, your Mac is ready to be sold or to exchange.
Thank You for visiting us.
Visit again for daily updates and more tech related information.