Enable Wifi Hotpsot on Windows 10
Microsoft Windows has provided the wifi hotspot service from long ago. But the process involved to turn on hotspot was really confusing. Few commands in cmd could do it, but with lots of errors to be manually fixed.
However, Microsoft made the process easier than before. Now, it’s simple and easy to enable wifi hotspot on windows 10 with in few clicks. So, let’s begin the process:
- First of all, Left click on start button.
- Type settings from your keyboard.
- Over the Best match, you’ll find settings( Trusted Microsoft Store App), click on it.
- Settings tab will open. Now, click on Network & Internet.
- Then search for Mobile Hotspot.
- Click on mobile hotspot option and you’ll find three different options.
Button below Mobile hotspot will turn on the hotspot. But before that let’s setup wifi hotspot name and password. Click on Edit button just below network password, and then fill the Network Name: Box with any name you want. The Network Password: box is to be filled up with some strong password combination for security purpose.
- Then choose the source to provide authentic network connection from Share my internet connection.
- Finally turn on the Mobile Hotspot button and start wifi hotspot. If you successfully started hotspot, you can monitor users connected over your network.
Closing the hotspot window or minimizing it won’t affect the hotspot. In other words, closing the settings window from desktop doesn’t turn off wifi hotspot, you’ll have to turn it off manually.
And to turn it off, it’s simple and similar to the above process. Follow the above steps up to fifth step. And after that simply click the button you previously used to turn the hotspot on.
Thank You for visiting us.
Visit again for daily updates and more tech related information.