Computer security widely includes various areas of computing and processing information. Almost all industries nowadays depend on computer systems and networks, which helps them to perform daily business activities and also to retrieve crucial information regard to their data. Data compromised by hackers, Network unavailability, computer threats and viruses and many other influence our lives in ways that can be counted as an inconvenient or even life-threatening. As the users and various featured devices increase in the market in the name of innovation, wide scope of opportunities for exploitation also increases. Computer security refers to the protection of a computer system from accidental or intentional harm, including destruction of computer hardware and software, physical loss of data, and the deliberate invasion of databases by unauthorized individuals.
Computer Security Goals
In an organization, computer security involves securing the assets that are either a source of information or can be used to access information. These assets can range from the physical hardware and equipment to the employees of the organization. Physical assets include various items, such as data files, databases, application software and documentation about technology, products, processes and business operations.
The goals of securing the assets or information broadly involves ensuring confidentiality, integrity and availability of assets or information.
Confidentiality refers to protecting information from disclosure. Information should be revealed to unauthorized users. The level to which confidentiality needs to be ensured depends on the type of information that is being secured. Confidentiality is sometimes called secrecy or privacy.
Integrity means that assets can be modified only by authorized parties or only in authorized ways. The modification in the content refers to writing, changing, altering status, removing and re-creating.
Availability means the information can be accessed by authorized personnel. This function clearly provide someone a chance for the DOS attack on the system.
Uses Of Internet
People tend to use internet on daily basis. There are millions of applications of internet. Some of the things that can be done on the internet are:
- To access a wealth of information, news, search and educational materials.
- To conduct business or complete banking and investing transactions.
- To access sources of entertainment and leisure such as online games, magazines and vacation planning guides.
- To shop for goods and services.
- To meet and converse with people around the world in discussion groups or chat rooms.
- To access other computers and exchange files.
- To send messages to or receive messages from other connected users.
- To provide information, photographs, audio and video.
- To take a course or access other educational materials.
Thank You for visiting us.
Visit again for daily updates and more tech related information.
You May Also Like: